Stockwell Ltd Environmental Policy
We at Stockwell Ltd are committed to creating an environmentally responsible operation as an integral part of our business supporting a continuous environmental improvement process.
The materials we buy are mainly timber or timber based products purchased from well established suppliers and mills in Europe, North America, South America and some African countries, occasionally the Far East.
Our policy is to ensure that we design, make use of materials and utilise processes committed to the conservation of the environment and to minimising the environmental impact of the company's activities.
Timber of course is a naturally occurring resource.
Environmental Policy Aims
- To comply with applicable environmental legislation and relevant codes of practice.
- To make every effort to ensure the timber is felled from well managed forests which have strict conservation policies e.g. purchasing FSC labelled timber.
- To make efficient use of energy.
- To minimise waste and to reduce, or recycle where we can.
- To monitor our environmental performance in conformance with the environmental standard on an annual basis.
- To commit to current environmental legislation.
The company will provide appropriate awareness and education training to all our staff with regard to environmental issues affecting the company.
In addition to our own environmental policy, Richard Burbidge, one of our stairpart suppliers, have announced that all of their softwood stairparts have achieved environmental certification. Their pine stairparts have achieved FSC certification and their hemlock stairparts have achieved PEFC certification, with the hardwood stairparts due to be certified by 2009.